Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
1. Sponsor: Elsevier Singapore Pte Ltd, 3 Killiney Road #08-01, Winsland House 1, Singapore 239519
2. Official Rules: The Reaxys Online Quiz is a skill-based online competiton in which participants are asked to submit correct answers to a set of questions using the Reaxys Online Application at http://www.reaxys.com
3. Eligibility: Reaxys Online Quiz is open to all participants who meet the minimum age requirement for entry for their respective countries as set forth below:
The Republic of Singapore: minimum of at least 18 years of age at the time of entry;
The Republic of India: minimum of at least 18 years of age at the time of entry;
The Republic of China (ROC – Taiwan): minimum of 20 years or older;
The People Republic of China (China): minimum of at least 18 years of age at the time of entry
Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their institution or employer relative to their participation in the Quiz and should check with their institution or employer for any relevant policies. Entrants are responsible for determining if the Quiz is legal in their jurisdiction. Directors, officers, and employees of the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and any participating vendors, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and those living in the same household of the foregoing are not eligible to enter the Quiz. Any Quiz entry that violates these Official Rules, applicable laws or regulations, or entrant’s employer’s or institution’s policies will be deemed ineligible.
4. Quiz Period:
Participants shall submit their answers through our website http://asia.elsevier.com/reaxys2013, according to the submission instructions set out there.
Stage1: Entrants may participate in the Quiz between 12:00:01 on April 22, 2013 and 11:59:59 pm on May 30, 2013.
Stage2: Entrants may participate in the Quiz between 12:00:01 on June 01, 2013 and 11:59:59 pm on June 30, 2013.
Stage3: Entrants may participate in the Quiz between 12:00:01 on July 01, 2013 and 11:59:59 pm on Aug 30, 2013.
5. How to Enter: (1) receive Electronic Direct Mailer (EDM) from Sponsor or visit Sponsor’s website at http://asia.elsevier.com/reaxys2013, (2) play and answer ALL the questions correctly (3) submit the prize entry form by providing name, age, title, institution and email address. By submitting the entry form, entrants confirm that all information provided on the form is complete, accurate and not misleading. No changes may be made to an Entry once it has been submitted. All entries must be in English. Incomplete, illegible or garbled entries will be disqualified. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Only entries submitted electronically through the Quiz webpage in accordance with these Official Rules will be eligible for consideration. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Internet access is required to participate in the Quiz.
6. Representations and Warranties Regarding Entries: By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry does not and shall not comprise, contain, or describe, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion: (A) false statements or any misrepresentations of your affiliation with a person or entity; (B) personally identifying information about you or any other person; (C) statements or other content that is false, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, indecent, obscene, unlawful, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, tortious, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, or racially or ethnically offensive; (D) conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, could give rise to criminal or civil liability, or could violate any law; (E) any advertising, promotion or other solicitation, or any third party brand name or trademark; or (F) any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful code or component. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that you own the full rights to the Entry and have obtained any and all necessary consents, permissions, approvals and licenses to submit the Entry and comply with all of these Official Rules, and that the submitted Entry is your sole original work, has not been previously published, released or distributed, and does not infringe any third-party rights or violate any laws or regulations.
7. Rules of the Quiz: The online quiz’s instructions are available for review at http://asia.elsevier.com/reaxys2013. An online quiz session will automatically end when the time allotment for the respective level runs out. Entrants have to answer all questions correctly in order to be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or adjust any final points awarded that it deems to be in breach of these Official Rules or has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
8. Agreement to the Official Rules
By submitting an entry form, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Quiz. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth within these Official Rules. Entrants represent that they meet all requirements for eligibility to participate in the Quiz. Any entrant found to be acting in violation of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be declared made by the individual named in the submission of the entry form. Entrants shall indemnify the Sponsor, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and directors, officers and employees thereof, representatives, associates and affiliates of any of them, against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of these Official Rules.
9. Selection and Notification of Winners:
Winners will be selected by Elsevier internal panel of judges from all eligible entries received during the Quiz period. Decisions of the Panel will be final and binding in all respects. This is a contest of skill. Your odds of winning depend on how well your Entry compares with the other submitted in the Quiz pursuant to the judging criteria.
Stage 1: June 15, 2013, with winner notification on or about June20, 2013
Stage 2: July 15, 2013, with winner notification on or about July 20, 2013
Stage 3: September 15, 2013, with winner notification on or about 30 September, 2013
All winners will be notified by email and a current and valid email address is required in order to claim the prize. All grand prize winners must provide his or her full name and postal address for delivery of the prize. Prizes must be claimed by within Fourteen (14) business days after receipt of email from Sponsor or an alternate winner will be selected by Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not return the signed claim forms within the required time, or is otherwise found to be ineligible or not in full compliance with these Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
10. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”):
The grand prize winners will each receive (1) Apple® 16GB WiFi iPad Mini (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): SGD448.00 (2) Apple Macbook Air 11.6' (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): SGD1348.00). Apple and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. who is in no way affiliated with this Quiz. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
All prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Winners shall bear sole responsibility for fulfilling any tax obligations associated with receipt and/or use of prize.
All prizes constituting electronic products may or may not come with warranty. Elsevier shall not be responsible for providing any warranties for such products. Winners of such products are advised to check directly with the product manufacturers to verify the validity of the warranty - please see your product box and literature for details.”
Taxes People's Republic of China (China):
Elsevier shall issue the entrant a certificate of tax withholding printed by the tax authority, specifying the entrant’s personal details including name, address, employment and ID or passport number (in the case of absence of an ID card or passport, other documentation which proves the identity of the person). In the case of non-compliance of the tax withholding by the entrant, the company shall promptly report the matter to the tax authority to be handled, and payment of taxable income shall be suspended.
Tax Law of the Republic of China (ROC- Taiwan):
According to tax regulations of the Republic of China (ROC), prize received from oversea will not have tax implication.
Taxes: Republic of Singapore:
Winners will be responsible for any personal taxes applicable on a prize.
Any taxes applicable in India shall be payable by Elsevier
12. Release: By participating in the Quiz, to the extent permissible by law, entrants hereby release Sponsor from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to the acceptance of any prizes in connection with their participation in the Quiz or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, and use of, or inability to use, any prize, to the extent permitted by law. In no event will the Sponsor be liable to a participant for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of, or in connection with the Quiz, whether or not the Sponsor has been advised, had reason to know, or in fact knew the possibility of such damage. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Quiz is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
13. Limitations of Liability: To the extent permitted by law, neither Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, shall have any obligation, liability or responsibility with regard to (i) entries that contain incorrect or inaccurate information or do not comply with these Official Rules, (ii) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, technical or other error of any kind, (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Quiz to be disrupted or delayed, or (v) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from participation in the Quiz, accessing, uploading or downloading data in connection with the Quiz, or acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Sponsor does not guarantee that Quiz will not contain IT faults, or that faults identified will be remedied; nor can they guarantee that Quiz and/or sites to which Quiz operates do not contain viruses or other components which may cause damage to players’ computer equipment and/or data. Sponsor does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Quiz. Numerous factors outside of the control of Sponsor may interfere with the operation of Quiz. To the extent permissible by law, Sponsor excludes all implied warranties, conditions and other implied terms. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Quiz website or otherwise violating these Official Rules. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to shorten, defer, alter, cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Quiz (including without limitation the prizes offered) if the Quiz cannot be completed as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, and to select a winner from among eligible entries unaffected by such event, if any; it cannot be held liable for this on any grounds whatsoever.
14. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Quiz, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore , without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles
16. Right to Use Entries: By entering the Quiz, entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide right and license to reproduce, publish, display, edit and otherwise use the submitted Entries, and entrant’s full name and city and state/province/country of residence, online and in print or any other media for purposes of editorials, exhibition, advertising, publicity and promotion of the Quiz and Sponsor’s publications and products, without additional compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law.
17. Rules: By entering the Quiz, entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Quiz, and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in the Quiz.
18. Winners List: For the names of winners, please visit Sponsor’s website at http://asia.elsevier.com/ or Sponsor will notify the winners via email.